Saturday, November 8, 2008

How this all began

It all started in May of 2007, a year after Michele & Rob from Rosehaven Alpacas moved their herd to their 40 acre property in the beautiful Catskills area in a town called Callicoon, upstate NY. I had just discovered alpacas on the internet a couple of months prior. I was vacationing at my brother in laws place up there for the weekend and little did I know that Rosehaven was 2 minutes down the road from his house.

One day we were at a local bar and restaurant called The Stone Arch. My brother in law Joe was talking to a gentleman who was sitting at the bar. Joe informed us that the gentleman was a stage manager on the show "The View" which we all thought that was very interesting. But what I found out on the way home was that Joe had actually made plans to bring the kids to his alpaca farm the next day. When I heard that I almost jumped out of my seat. I didn't tell anyone that I was becoming obsessed with the alpaca business.

I had been investigating the alpaca business on the internet every night since I discovered them in March 2007. That was all I thought about until I made my purchase from Rosehaven in January 2008. Michele took me under her wing and helped me through the decision process. She was always there when I needed her which was pretty much all the time. Now I'm an alpaca owner and starting my new business. I'm agisting (boarding) my alpacas on Rosehaven's farm which bring me to the reason why this blog exists.

Since I've joined Michele & Rob at Rosehaven, four more couples recently purchased alpacas from them and are agisting there also. So we all thought it would be cool to start an alpaca agisting blog. You will meet them all here as soon as they get their posts underway.

You will see a lot of interesting things between the five of us agisters and Michele & Rob. This should be very interesting!!!


I'll talk to you again soon.

Patty Ludwig
Alpacas in Harmony
alpacainharmony.com

PS... This is the alpaca love of my life Hannah.

No comments: