Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Journey

We've all taken different roads to get to Rosehaven and we all bring special gifts to give and recieve from these animals. My attraction to them was inspired by seeing my sister, Judy, knitting with a fantastic soft yarn. So the research began and hardly a day passed without hours on the web learning. The next step was reading and finally visiting and listening and buying. I'll be at Rosehaven often since my goal is to train my alpacas, and anyone elses who is interested.
With nine years of dog agility in my profile I am really attracted to the performance classes of competition. Tomorrow we'll start some basic clicker training, combined with Tellington TTouch. At this point in my alpaca story I've been jumped on, kicked, spit at and ingnored. (and all that had nothing to do with training) The only thing that bothered me was being ignored. I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.

Laurie Sue Bakay
Crystal Glen Alpacas

No comments: